Thursday, July 14, 2005

Sleeping babes

For most parents, when they view their children sleeping, there's some immediate need met (silence, is that you?) that enamors the heart and solidifies the bond between parent and child. When we gaze upon Tobias, he is the cutest little guy we've ever seen (note: supreme parental bias on display). Here's his usual manner while sleeping.

Noteworthy here is the sheer "coolness" factor which he displays without really trying. Hello, baby modeling!

But occasionally, when its hot, we place him on the floor to sleep, rather than in his crib. The floor tends to be far less encumbering to him. So we then have these images from our little beloved.

Notice the completely unnatural angle of his neck, and the splayed manner of his limbs. If I were to try and position him such that he looked like he'd fallen out of a 2nd story window (morbid thought yes), I don't believe that I couldv'e improved on what comes natural to the little contortionist.

Perhaps his spine, and all of his surrounding muscles, such as, oh I don't know, say... his body, are really made out of playdoh, instead of actual body parts. My son, Gumby.

My mom and I decided that we'd try to have a "family" picture taking after Tobias.

Isn't it precious when the whole family falls off the roof?

My mom didn't really get the intent of the picture, opting more for something out of the original Batman film after a meeting with the Joker.

I was very proud of her for even getting on the floor and humoring me though.

During this shot, I was about to die, as you'll notice the bag of dirty diapers next to my head. My advice to kids, don't try this at home. I almost didn't make it up off the floor.

No comments: